Make savings a habit through “HNB Ithuru Ithuru”
HNB partnered with SLT Mobitel to introduce “HNB Ithuru Ithuru”, an agency banking service that enables you to make deposits to HNB General Savings and Minor Savings Accounts through selected Mobitel mCash agents i.e. Mobitel, SLT, Softlogic, Singer, Lanka Bell outlets. (see below for the list of agents)
Through “HNB Ithuru Ithuru” service, you can deposit money instantly and you will receive 2 deposit confirmation SMSs; one from Mobitel, another from HNB.
Saving with “HNB Ithuru Ithuru”
- Minimum deposit amount is Rs 100
- Maximum amount that could be deposited per day, per account is Rs 25,000
Simple steps that you and the mCash agent have to follow when performing an “HNB Ithuru Ithuru” transaction
- Visit any approved mCash agent (see below for the list of agents)
- Provide following information to your mCash agent;
- Your name
- HNB General or Minor’s Savings Account number
- Amount you wish to deposit
- Your mobile number
- Your NIC number
- Purpose code (which will be displayed at the agent outlet)
- mCash agent will key-in the aforesaid information to the special “HNB Ithuru Ithuru” system AND process the transaction upon your verbal confirmation.
- If the deposit has been successfully credited to the HNB account, 2 SMSs will be sent to your mobile number to the mCash agent;
- First SMS notification will be sent by Mobitel confirming the acceptance of money by the mCash agent.
- 2nd SMS notification will be sent by HNB confirming the real time credit to the HNB account.
- If the deposit has not been successfully credited to the HNB account;
- You will not receive any SMS or at times you will receive only one SMS from Mobitel. In such scenarios, kindly re-check the details produced to the mCash agent and re-submit the deposit request through the mCah agent.
- You may contact HNB Connect on 0112462462 if the deposit gets declined continuously.
Benefits you can enjoy with HNB Ithuru Ithuru
- Convenience in making deposits through your closest mCash retailer
- You need not stay in long queues to make deposits
- Do your banking during non-banking hours
- Hassle free deposit experience
- Paperless transactions
This deposit channel is launched with the approval of the Central Bank of Sri Lanka (CBSL) and the system is designed with point-to-point application layer encryption to protect customer details during transactions.
Contact HNB on 0112462462 to make a complaint and for clarifications that you require on “HNB Ithuru Ithuru”.