Important information regarding your HNB Credit Card
Your credit limit assigned to you is indicated on the Card Acknowledgement form. This limit is assigned by the Bank and is based upon the information shared with us in your application. Your cash withdrawal limit is currently 75% of your credit limit and is decided at the sole discretion of the Bank.
- You are expected to make a minimum payment of 5% of your outstanding balance or LKR 2,500.00 - whichever is higher - or the minimum payment due appearing on your monthly statement on or before the payment due date.
- In the event of a bank holiday, the payment due date should be considered as the final working day preceding the due date.
- You have the option of settling the full payment, part payment or the minimum payment as given above on or before the due date. In the event you do not make the full payment on the due date, interest will be calculated at 3% p.m. With HNB Credit Cards you enjoy a minimum of 25 to a maximum of 55 days free of interest depending on your date of purchase and statement date. All cash advances are charged a fee of 3% on the withdrawal amount.
- Please ensure that you do not exceed your credit limit for your account. If your account balance exceeds the credit limit at any time during the month, you will be charged an over limit fee of LKR 300.00.
- Please note that your primary Credit Card comes free of joining fee and annual fee for the first year of use. Commencing from the second year of use, the annual fee will be LKR 3,000.00. You may obtain supplementary Credit Cards for your immediate family, which are issued free on request. The annual fee is charged from the beginning of each 12 month's cycle from the month your application is approved and is not linked to the validity period on your card.
- International transactions (where the transaction currency is in a currency other than Sri Lankan Rupees) will be subject to a 1% charge over the exchange rate issued by the Payment Associations. You may make your card payments by cash or your personal cheque drawn on any local Bank through any of our Bank's Customer Service Centres, island wide. Alternatively, you may post your cheques to the HNB Card Centre.
- If you maintain a Current or Savings Account at HNB, make use of the following options for payments free of charge:
If you lose or misplace your Credit Card or it is stolen, please notify us immediately by calling our hotline +94 (011) 452 3523. Please keep this number with you as you are responsible for all transactions prior to the Card being reported lost/stolen.
- Standing order for direct debits
- Payments through HNB Virtual Branch Internet Banking service
- Via SMS Banking a Trilingual Mobile Banking Service (3G/GPRS)
- Through any of the island wide HNB ATMs
- By Teleline Phone Banking Service
- In order to safeguard your transactions, please register for our free SMS Alert service to receive transactions alert to your mobile phone. Please inform us when you are traveling overseas, so that we may monitor your Card in order to mitigate fraudulent transactions.
- Please ensure that you meet the minimum monthly payment in order to keep your Card active and avoid unnecessary blocking of the Card as required by law. The Bank will share your credit data with the Credit Information Bureau and other regulates.
For more information regarding your Credit Card, please log on to www.hnb.net and click on the Credit Card link under Personal Banking.
Please note that this document is issued for your convenience and does not replace the terms and conditions of your Cardholder Agreement with the Bank. For additional information, please call our 24 hour hot line +94 (011) 452 3523 or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.