A Singithi Kirikatiyo Account, specially designed for children under the age of five, is the best gift you can give your precious newborn baby.
For whom is a Singithi Kirikatiyo Account?
- A Singithi Kirikatiyo Account is for children under 05 years
- The account should be opened within 03 months of birth
What happens when the child reaches 05 years?
- On reaching of 05 years of age, the account will automatically be transferred to the next stage of minor accounts, Singithi Lama, and your child will be eligible to obtain benefits under the Singithi Lama scheme.
Who can open the account?
- Parents, aunts, uncles and relatives of the child
What documents are needed to open the account?
Where can the account be opened?
What is the minimum amount to open the account?
- LKR 1000/-
- Thereafter, LKR 1000/– should be deposited monthly until the child is 05 years old
- Lump sum deposits are also allowed
What is the interest paid?
- An interest of 3% above the normal savings rate will be paid
- Eligibility for Pathum Vimana draw - Your child's Singithi Kirikatiyo account with a balance of LKR 10,000/- or above will be eligible for Pathum Vimana, Sri Lanka's biggest prize draw
Visit your nearest HNB branch to open a Singithi Kirikatiyo Account. Make the first step towards securing a brighter future for your baby!
All customers are welcome to download and complete the application forms provided below in the comfort of their home / office. Applications can be handed over to your closest HNB Customer Centre with the required documentation for processing.
Back to Top