Senior Citizens Scheme
What is HNB Senior Citizens Scheme?
As part of our corporate social responsibility, HNB introduced a special deposit scheme ensuring security and stable income for senior citizens who have worked hard for the country's betterment.
Who can open a Senior Citizens Account?
Customers who are 55 years or above are eligible to obtain a HNB Senior Citizens Account.
What is the required deposit amount for a Senior Citizens Account?
An individual/joint Saving Account with a minimumbalance of
Rs 100,000/- (Joint account holders should also be of the required age group).
What special benefits are offered to HNB Senior Citizens accountholders?
- Premium interest rate - An additional interest of 0.5 % over and above the prevailing fixed deposit rates (payable monthly or annually)
- Hospital Care Scheme “Health Plus” - This exclusive health care plan will reimburse hospitalisation costs incurred as a result of accident or sickness
- Special loans for self-employment projects “Business aid” - Financial assistance for retired employees under micro-financing scheme
- Special discounts from reputed hospitals, medical institutions and renowned organisations
- Free membership at Ceylinco Swift Care (Pvt) Ltd
What are the other special privileges HNB Senior Citizens accountholders enjoy?
- Priority treatment at HNB Customer Centres
- A free HNB Visa International Debit Card
- Waiver of service charge on Current Accounts
- Internet banking free of joining fee
- A credit card free of joining fee, with a 25% discount on annual renewal fees
- Senior Citizen Savings Accounts are eligible for the Pathum Vimana Draw
How would you like your bank to take care of your hospital bills?
That's exactly what HNB will do for you if you have a Senior Citizens Account with us! Just save your money, enjoy the special benefits and let us worry about your hospital bills.
Reimbursement of surgical and hospitalisation expenses will be made if hospitalisation exceeds 2 days. The claim will be entertained from the day of admission.
Accountholders will be eligible for 1% of the deposited amount against the actual bill, up to LKR 10,000/- for each day of hospitalisation, for a maximum of 7 days per year.
Accountholders may make maximum of two claims per annum.
What is the deposit requirement and age limit for the Health Plus Hospital Care Scheme?
- Minimum of LKR 500,000/- in a savings account or a one year fixed deposit account
- Accountholders should maintain the required deposit/balance for a continuous period of 3 months prior to making a claim under this scheme
- The accountholder should be between 55 and 70 years
What special benefits are offered under Senior Citizens self-employment project loans?
- Concessionary interest rates on your loan
- Expedited loan approval
- Free advisory service on micro-financial lending from our Development Banking division
What are the terms and conditions for Senior Citizens self-employment project loans?
- Eligibility age range of between 55 and 60 years
- 50% of the loans to be secured by cash deposit
- Loan amount up to LKR 50,000/- to 100,000/-
- Two personal guarantors acceptable to the bank
- Eligible activities are based on skills and abilities
- The minimum equity contribution should be 25% of the cost of any project on completion
- The pension is to be routed through the HNB Senior Citizens Account
- Repayment is to be for a maximum of 4 years in monthly installments
All customers are welcome to download and complete the application forms provided below in the comfort of their home/ office. Applications can be handed over to your closest HNB Customer Centre with the required documentation for processing.