If you are looking for a personal lease, then HNB is the place to come to. We offer the smoothest, most hassle-free lease options, to fulfil your personal dream or business goal.
What is leasing?
Leasing is a contractual agreement granting the use of some capital asset for a specified time in exchange for an agreed upon payment amount. A lease can be favourable compared to outright purchasing, due to different payment schedules and tax basis handling. HNB is the first private bank to pioneer leasing in September 1990 and has steadily grown its leasing portfolio since.
What assets can I lease?
- Cars/Jeeps/Double cabs/SUVs
- Tractors and Trailers
Plant Machinery and Equipment:
- Machinery for manufacturing industries including food processing, printing and packaging, apparel, etc.
- Machinery for the plantation sector
- Medical equipment for hospitals
- Equipment for Tourism and Leisure industry
- Construction machinery such as excavators, backhoe loaders, forklifts, bulldozers, cranes, tippers and mixers, etc.
- Waste management and pollution control equipment
- Office equipment including computers, fixtures and fittings
Who is eligible to obtain a lease?
- Sole proprietors
- Limited liability companies
- BOI companies
What are the advantages of leasing?
- Equity contribution by lessee is minimal
- No transaction cost
- Fast credit processing channel
- Simple documentation
- Full use of the asset without ownership
- Fixed rental schemes to suit the budget and ease cash flows
- Up to 100% financing for qualified lessees
- Leasing can be structured to obtain maximum tax benefits
- Obsolescence Protection
- Leasing is cheaper than other types of credit:
- No legal fees
- No VAT on purchase price
With HNB, you get these further advantages:
- The lowest rentals
- Free credit card
- Life insurance up to LKR 1.2 million
- Customer Service centres
- A range of banking facilities
- Leasing services are available through the entire branch network
- The lessee does not have to be an existing account holder of the Bank
- Leases could be obtained for large scale machinery or for small and medium scale equipment/vehicles
- In addition to leasing, other financial facilities can be obtained under one roof
- Foreign currency leases can be obtained
Now HNB Leasing Offers a Great Bonanza for Registered Vehicles
With the introduction of higher taxes for brand new and reconditioned vehicles, the tendency to lease registered vehicles has increased. To meet the demand, HNB Leasing has widened its horizon to accommodate vehicles registered during the seven preceding years. Accordingly, the quantum of lease provided from the valuation price of such vehicles are as follows.
Date of first registration Maximum to be granted on market value of the vehicle
Within last 6 months - 85%
Above 06 months and within 03 years - 70%
Above 03 years and within 05 years - 60%
Above 05 years and within 07 years - 50%
- All prices and rentals are inclusive of VAT and conditions apply
- FREE Life insurance cover of LKR 1.2 million and a FREE credit card
- "Zero" interest easy payment of insurance premiums for HNB credit card holders
- Lease rentals can be tailor-made according to individual requirements
For further details, please contact
- your nearest HNB Customer centre or HNB Leasing Division
HNB Towers, 3rd Floor, 479, T.B.Jayah Mw,
Apply for an HNB Lease today at any HNB Branch.
Back to Top