Non-Resident Foreign Currency Savings Accounts (NRFC) & Fixed Deposit Account
Who can open a NRFC Savings Account?
A NRFC account can be opened by:
- Sri Lankan citizens employed overseas (you could open a NRFC Account within 90 days of your return to Sri Lanka)
- Persons who were Sri Lankan by birth but presently hold foreign passports
- Employees of Sri Lankan Airlines or Sri Lanka Shipping Lines earning salaries in foreign exchange
- Foreign employment agencies with valid license issued by the Foreign Employment Bureau (SLBFE) and prior approval of the controller of exchange, Central Bank of Sri Lanka
What are the advantages of maintaining a NRFC Account?
NRFC Savings Account holders enjoy these benefits:
- Tax free deposits in foreign currency
- Tax free interest earned on foreign currency deposits
- Free Millennium Shield Life Insurance Cover (terms and conditions apply)
- Free Internet Banking (view your account, print your statements and more)
- Profit by foreign exchange appreciation.
How can I open a NRFC Fixed Deposit Account?
- All you have to do is give written instructions to your Customer Centre Manager to place a specific sum in Fixed Deposit for a specific period with disposal instructions for interest
- Fixed Deposits can be opened for periods of 01 month, 03 months, 06 months or 12 months
For further assistance, contact:
||Mr Dinesh Fernando
Executive - Foreign Currency Deposit Mobilization & Outward Remittances
||00 94 11 2661996
||00 94 11 2662798